Thursday, August 16, 2012

It happened to me...


As parents we often hear stories about other peoples children and we think "oh my gosh, I so hope that never happens with/to MY child!".  Well it happened to me yesterday during nap time, one of those things that I hoped I would never have to deal with.  Brayden was in his crib (supposed to be taking a nap) but was having a rough time because there was construction going on in our neighborhood that was really loud.  He had been tossing and turning for about an hour and a half before he stood up and started crying.  I went to check the monitor and I saw a big spot in the middle of the crib.  Immediately I thought "oh no, poor boy is sick again"(he got sick and threw up all over his crib a couple of weeks ago-fun!) So, I rushed into his room...As I entered his room, I smelled it before I saw it...My sweet Brayden had indeed made a dirty diaper, proceeded to take it off, play with the contents and apparently smear it around his crib by walking all through it.  When Brayden saw my reaction he quickly went from crying to laughing as he stood there in just his t-shirt.  I have to admit after my initial disgust it was pretty funny.  I am just so thankful that he didn't decide to paint the walls or rails of his crib as well.  Needless to say, Brayden is taking a nap right now and I was sure to put shorts on him before he went down!  Okay, so I have to include a picture...It's a little graphic so don't look if you get disgusted easily :)

Oh my sweet Brayden, you make every day an adventure and we are having the time of our lives raising you :)

2 comments:

  1. I still remember Bailey doing that! I was in total shock, not understanding what the brown balls were all over the carpet!! :) Good memories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen! I figured this and probably worse would have happened to you with your four babies!!! I hope the beginning of the school year is treating you well!

      Delete