Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rehkopf Family Beach Trip



Ever since I can remember we have been going down to the Texas coast to spend a couple of days with my dads family on the beach.  I can remember how much fun my sister and I had spending time with our cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and Grandparents.  I didn't get to go last year since Brayden was still pretty little so I was so excited to be able to take him this year!  Brayden's last experience with the beach wasn't great so I was a little nervous to see how he would do this time.  It took him a little while to warm up to the water each day but once he did all he wanted to do was get in and out!  He would get knocked over by a wave and get right back up and go again and again!  He also loved playing in the sand and especially chasing the birds!  The beach was great but the best part was getting to spend so much time with family that we don't get to see near enough!  Unfortunately Brian is super swamped at work and we went during the middle of the week so he wasn't able to go.  Brayden and I both missed him like crazy and I got a little dose of what it must be like to be a single parent-TOUGH!  It is a lot of work doing everything for Brayden on your own, definitely made me appreciate Brian a little more :)  I was so mad at myself for forgetting my camera and I was afraid to bring my phone down to the water to much so luckily my sister took some pics for us too.  Here are some pics of our trip! :)



Brayden with his second cousins, silly girls!  They were putting stickers all over him, he thought it was hilarious!
LOVES his cousin Halley :)
Learned something new on this trip!  Brayden knows how to eat with a fork!


My sister, brother in law, and I took the kids to the aquarium one day.  Brayden was amazed with all of the animals, especially the dolphins!  He just kept pointing at all of the fish.


My sweetest niece and nephew, such great kiddos :)

I was worried that Brayden would want to take his hat off when we were out in the sun, well the opposite happened!!!  He didn't want to take his hat off...ever!!!  At least he didn't get a sunburn!!

Uncle Fred helping buddy get some sand less water!



WIth my dad :)




This guy definitely ate A LOT of sand and drank A LOT of salt water-yuck!!

Grandpa Rehkopf and his grandkids

Such a fun trip, can't wait to go back again!

1 comment:

  1. It’s sad that your hubby wasn’t able to go with you. I’m pretty sure that he would be able to join you on your next trip. But I’m glad that Brayden is now a fan of the beach! Looking at the photos, you can see that he is having so much fun on the sand. Just a few more trips and he will get used to the idea of dipping in the sea water!

    -Darius

    ReplyDelete