Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pregnancy Update 26 weeks

Brian said the other day that baby Girl was going to be sad when she reads these posts one day and she barely gets mentioned!  So I thought I would dedicate a short post just to her!
A couple of weeks ago at my 24 week appointment our doctor said I was "measuring small" (I was measuring 22 weeks when I should have been measuring 24).  Generally after 20 weeks you are not scheduled for any more ultrasounds unless there is something wrong or the doctor has some concern.  So, you can probably imagine our anxiety as the doctor recommended another ultrasound for 26 weeks.  We spent the next 2 weeks worrying and reading the slew of scary information online as to why baby girl wasn't growing and what could possibly cause me to be measuring small.  Well our big appointment came on Monday and our ultrasound could not have gone any better-PHEW!!!  Baby girl looks great and is weighing in at almost 2 pounds (1 lb 13 oz).  The ultrasound tech said he didn't see anything of concern and that everything looks good.  It was so interesting seeing how much she had grown since our last ultrasound 6 weeks ago.  Now I see why they do the big anatomy scan at 20 weeks because by this time she is already so crammed in there it is hard to see very much! So this ultrasound ended up being just a bonus look at our sweet baby girl again.  It's hard to believe we have only 14 weeks (or hopefully less) until we get to see her beautiful face in person!!!!! :)
Other than that little scare, everything is going great with this pregnancy and I am feeling good.  I have a lot more energy in the afternoons and haven't even been taking naps!  I am going to enjoy that for now because I know the third trimester is right around the corner and my energy will soon be drained once again!!!  Oh and my swollen ankles have not made their appearance yet either, hopefully that was a one time thing!
I'll leave you with the ultrasound pic from Monday:


A very pregnant,

2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful :) So excited to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I was told at our 20 week ultrasound that our baby girl was weighing in on the smaller side and they wanted to do a growth check EIGHT weeks later! Ugh! I totally feel your pain in the waiting game and researching all the terrible stories. We ended up doing a growth check 4 weeks later (longest four weeks ever) and she is all caught up and everything looks good. So I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete