Friday, January 27, 2012

Cherish

I am reading a book with my mom's group that has some great little tidbits to help me along my way being a first time mom.  Lots of the situations and examples the author talks about are ones that I can relate to and a lot of the time she has really made me think.  There is one quote that has really seemed to stick with me and I often think about it as I go about my day with little B. 

"You will never have this day with your children again.  Tomorrow, they'll be a little older than they were today.  This day is a gift.  Breathe and notice.  Smell and touch them; study their little faces and little feet and pay attention.  Relish the charms of the present.
Enjoy today, mama.  It will be over before you know it." 
-Jen Hatmaker from Out of the Spin Cycle

Just typing these words seriously brings a tear to my eye!  This is the main reason why I even started this blog.  I want to make sure that I remember and soak up every little moment that I possibly can because I know tomorrow he will be a little different.  Brian and I feel extremely blessed that I am able to stay home each day with Brayden and enjoy watching him grow.  I am vowing to make an effort every day to slow down, take it all in, and cherish my sweet, sweet baby while he is still a baby.  

tiny hands and feet

Soak up every loving smile

Stroke that sweet smelling hair, and kiss those smooth chubby cheeks
Loving this time in my life,



2 comments:

  1. First, I want to squeeze that sweet baby boy! He is so precious. Second, I LOVE this post, and I love that quote. It definitely hits home.

    ReplyDelete